"Valley VOTE, a diverse coalition of San Fernando Valley residents, business people, educators,
community activists, and organizations, is committed to exploring and fostering the implementation of programs that
empower the people of the San Fernando Valley and the City of Los Angeles, to improve local governance, education
and public participation on policy matters."
Valley VOTE Wants You!
Membership is the lifeblood of Valley VOTE. On April 28, 2007, the Executive Committee held a special meeting where they updated how one becomes a member of Valley VOTE. We encourage you to join.
1. How To Become a Member - Fill out a simple application and pay the annual dues of $25. The Membership Chair will acknowledge your membership by letter. Any Valley VOTE member may attend, and participate in, any meeting of any committee other than the Executive Committee.
Mail the application to:
14622 Ventura Blvd #424
Sherman Oaks, Ca. 91403
2. How To Become a Board Member - Fill out an application and submit it to the Secretary, who will take the application to the Executive Committee for approval. Valley VOTE Board Members may vote on all Valley VOTE motions after approval by the Executive Committee, and the President may appoint any Board member as a Committee Chair. Annual dues for Board members are $50.
3. How To Become a Member of the Executive Committee - Executive Committee members are elected by the Board, and have the following duties:
* Establish policy for Valley VOTE operations
* Vote on all Valley VOTE motions
* Approve new Valley VOTE Board member applications
* Will chair at least one committee
* Appoint a Nominating Committee to nominate Executive Committee members
Annual dues for Executive Committee members are $50.