Ernie Hilger retired 2003 from a senior management level purchasing position as Purchasing Services Coordinator Los Angeles Unified School District 25 years of service. Ernie also has extensive Private Sector technical management work experience and competencies in the pharmaceutical, fermentation, and food processing industries. He is cross trained in chemistry, microbiology, business and investment management. Ernie manages the Hilger Family Trust to provide funding for the family’s charitable and business activities.
He is a 43 year resident of the Community and home owner in the community.
Military – U.S. Army 1963-1964
- Proactive Veterans Advocate, Legislative Chair Disabled American Veterans (DAV) Chapter 13 Camp Kearney Van Nuys, CA. – DAV Chapter 13 has been serving and protecting veterans in the San Fernando Valley for 92 years.
- Life Member Disabled American Veterans (DAV), Disabled Veteran 53 years.
- DAV Volunteer Driver two days a week, member of Volunteer Services at the Sepulveda VA.(3,750 VAVS Volunteer Drivers hours logged)
- Patient Advisory Council (PAC) member at Sepulveda VA.
- Certified member of Veterans Administration Voluntary Services (VAVS)
- Member of the Veteran’s Service Organization Coalition for the WLA VA formed in 2015
- Provided input directly to Secretary Mc Donald, Vince Kane and his staff and the architect responsible for the Master Plan WLAVA. Spoke on behalf of veterans. Spoke at many WLAVA outreach venues for support of the Master Plan WLAVA.
- Spoke at many community venues and at Neighborhood Council meetings and Valley Alliance of Neighborhood councils regarding the WLA and Sepulveda VA issues.
- Organized and spoke at the Greater Los Angeles Veteran’s Summit May 20, 2009 held at the North Hills West Neighborhood Council.
- Provided pragmatic positive solutions input for the “Roadmap” of what is expected for the WLAVA site submitted by the Veterans Service Organization Coalition for the Master Plan WLAVA.
- The Veterans Service Organization Coalition’s positive consensus input is now a integral part of the legislation codifying what veterans expect in the future for this site.
- DAV Activist for veterans rights in the State of California and nationally.
- Authored resolutions to protect the West Los Angeles VA:
- Veteran of the year 2016 honoree Council District 12
NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL & COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Valley Vote Executive Board Member, Member of North Hills West Neighborhood Council (NHWNC)
- Member of Granada Hills South Neighborhood Council (GHSNC)
- Member of Granada Hills South Neighborhood Watch
- Member of Old Granada Hills Residents Group (OGHRG
- Past Land Use Committee Chair North Hills West Neighborhood Council (NHWNC)
- Past Vice President North Hills West Neighborhood Council (NHWNC)
- Past Member the of Northridge Guild of Children’s Hospital
Education B.A. degree in Chemistry and Microbiology from the City College of New York, C.C.N.Y., June 1963, with two years at the Bernard M. Baruch School of Business, and graduate coursework in Industrial Management at Fairleigh Dickinson University and at U.C.L.A.